Cloud HPC: Electromagnetic simulation with CST Studio
CST MICROWAVE STUDIO is a specialist tool for the 3D EM simulation of high frequency components. It enables the fast and accurate analysis of high frequency (HF) devices such as antennas, filters, couplers, planar and multi-layer structures and SI and EMC effects. In a series of posts, BioTeam will discuss our experiences in running the CST suite on the amazon web services cloud as part of a large-scale HPC on the cloud experiment organized by hpcexperiment.com.
About this post
Whenever we know we are going to write multiple posts about the same topic (example: backblaze pod, HUBzero) we start first with a generic “landing page” that can summarize the topic and then link to the various posts, screencasts and articles. This will be our central landing point for all things CST Studio related.
Posts published so far:
- CST Studio on AWS – Experiment Summary & Project Report
- CST Microwave Studio on Amazon – The project report for HPCExperiment.com
- Screenshot Gallery (not yet published)
- Summary thoughts, recommendations and best practices for CST users (not yet published)
- HPC Experiment Executive Summary writeup for Round #1
- BioITWorld: “Uber-Cloud Experiment Provides Insight into Computing-as-a-Service“
- Wolfgang Gentzsch, Burak Yenier & hpcexperiment.com for organizing the experiment that led to this writeup.
- Dr.-Ing. Felix Wolfheimer – HPC Manager & Sr. Application Engineer @ Computer Simulation Technology AG
- Our confidential end-user for whom this work was done as part of Round #1 of the HPC Experiment